SAGE Advocacy For LGBTQ Seniors. Advocating With And On Behalf Of Our Community.
Posted on May 15, 2022
SAGE stands proudly with the LGBTQ+ pioneers across the country who’ve been fighting for decades for their right to live with dignity and respect.
We are excited to work with the current administration and key staff in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Chicago, and San Francisco, plus our nationwide network of affiliates, to advocate for LGBTQ+ older people at the federal, state, and local levels. We:
- Mobilize LGBTQ+ people and allies when our rights are at stake
- Educate policy makers about LGBTQ+ aging issues
- Release original policy briefs, publications, and infographics
- Lead coalitions that integrate diverse elders into policy conversations
- March and rally with LGBTQ+ older people and our allies